Friday, November 25, 2011

What influence does behaviour have on relationships between people with disabilities?

Does behaviour ...of a challenging nature... impact the development of relationships between people who experience disability? If so, can such behaviour work to strengthen bonds between people ...or does it simply inhibit relationships?What influence does behaviour have on relationships between people with disabilities?
It takes a kind of special person that can cope with some one that has a disability, and not have that I feel sorry for you because you have a disability.I order to really cope with it you have to be in it for the long haul because it will wear you down and put a strain on a relationship, I know for a fact because I have been a wheel chair now for over a year and I have heard my spouse say I wish he wasn't in the damn thing.What influence does behaviour have on relationships between people with disabilities?
I am not sure. I am still learning about this one. My brother, who is learning disabled, recently ran off and married a woman he met on the internet. I am still waiting to see how this is going to turn out. I would think that on his part it would strengthen it, but it could just as easily inhibit it. Especially if they have a difficulty understanding each other. You didn't mention whether you were talking about mental or physical disabilities.
well im in a wheel chair and i have had plenty of relationships in my life off of which are with normal men and its not once been a problem ive been married now for 6 years and my husband doent even think about the wheel chair. so i would say it makes no difference unless the handicapped person is opcest with it. and they are always puting a guilt trip on the other person.
in general terms, others may have pre-concieved notions that disabilities means being incapacitated in every sense of the word, not having the knowledge of the word itself. ignorance (w/ no fault in particular) can manifest into a dark underworld of denials.


one has to be open to the world of possibilities that disabilities doesnt simply inhibit relationships rather, it can and will enhance it once itself embrace and accept it. u ask a deep question........i like that!
I think behavior plays a key role in the development of a handicap person. I say this because my youngest son has Cystic Fibrosis, when we started out with a negative behavior ( like it was a tragedy happening to him) then we had a negative effect and he was more self conscious of having to do the things that help him survive. Although when we changed our attitude towards his disability to lets fight through this, and this is started doing all his treatments as just something that needs to be done, and we quit making a big deal out of it. He no longer has to stay in the hospital, and the effect it had on him rubbed of on the way he was treated by his peers. When we had the its no big deal attitude, so did his friends. And yes I do believe it does strengthen bonds between people.
Your question is confusing me

No comments:

Post a Comment